Wednesday, July 20, 2011

3-10-11

One of the best feelings ever, right up there with the spirit, is being in the center of an orchestra when a crescendo sings from the instruments. It actually feels a lot like the spirit; a warm comfort that makes your heart race. It feels as if the music itself swirls and dances around you, picking you up, and relieving your burdens. The only thing that stops the feeling from giving its true potential is the fact that I'm not playing with them.

I found this entry (above) in my journal with the date, 3-10-11, written at the top. I liked it and thought I would put it on my blog.
It's very true, being able to feel the spirit lifting from all the instruments around me, but from mine, it did not. I could feel my cello wanting, pleading even, to be played, but unfortunately, as its wielder, I could not give the cello what it asked for. You see, I was very new to playing the cello; I still am in fact, but I am determined to one day be able to satisfy my cello, and finally hear its ravishing voice.

No comments: