Sunday, July 24, 2011

My Garden Part 1


My Garden

I hide,
Like a coward from my fears.
Here no one can find me,
Neither can those constant leers.
Only one has the key.

I cry,
But the eyes need to rain,
Before I can grow.
There must also be pain,
Will it ever show?

I seek,
He who hides,
To learn of what may come.
Here I bide,
And search while I turn numb.

I wait,
For my heart to heal,
For love,
For peace,
For the one to seal.

These things I do,
As they bloom in my garden.
Only the two,
Will it forgive and pardon.

Find me in my garden.



Staring down at the girl he once loved, the boy inhaled deeply. Everyone around her stood by her bed, and watched her lay in the silky sheets, the girl unwavering from their sight; including the boy's. It was the doctor who was the first to look away from the still girl, and leered at her Father.
"There is still no sign of her waking. All you can do is wait." With the feeling of lost hope hanging over the doctor, he began packing all of his medical instruments.
At a leisurely pace, the girl's friends and family scattered about the room; most kept silent while the others cried helplessly, but the boy never left her side. He just stared at her as she slept. Often she would moan and make uneasy expressions as if she were trapped in a never ending nightmare. But the boy was trapped in a torturous state of mind as well. Caught between hatred and a hidden undying love for her, he found himself in a living hell; but it was nothing compared to what she was going through. He knew this, but his pride would never admit it to anyone, especially her.
The boy's thoughts raced, but eventually settled on an early memory of learning of what happened to the girl. No one knew why or how she ended up lying in bed like this. One day she just wouldn't wake up.
One lone tear falling from the girl's eye brought the boy out of his memory. 'Her nightmare must be getting worse.' The boy pondered before whispering under his breath, "what do you see, Ti?" The girl didn't answer. Obviously she couldn't. Tears of many emotions then began to swell and blur his vision. Choking back the tears, he closed his eyes.
"Flowers." A child's voice answered.
The boy peered to his left to find a small boy, looking to be at the age of 2, peering right back at him.
"What?"
"She sees flowers." The child's mother, aka: the girl's older sister, stood from where she was sitting and walked over the small boy to take his hand. The boy could tell that the child wanted to say more, but his mother lead him over to a small, quietly chatting group. For the rest of the day, the boy thought of what her nephew had said. Even after he went home, he couldn't seem to get it off of his mind. He laid back on his bed with his hands behind his head for support.
'Why would she be seeing flowers?' Realization struck him cruelly. Widening his eyes, the boy fished out the piece of paper from his front pocket. With shaky hands he carefully unfolded the crumpled parchment to once again read:

I hide,
Like a coward from my fears.
Here no one can find me,
Neither can those constant leers.
Only one has the key.

I cry,
But the eyes need to rain,
Before I can grow.
There must also be pain,
Will it ever show?

I seek,
He who hides,
To learn of what may come.
Here I bide,
And search while I turn numb.

I wait,
For my heart to heal,
For love,
For peace,
For the one one to seal.

These things I do,
As they bloom in my garden.
Only the two,
Will it forgive and pardon.

Find me in my garden.

~Kristina

"Find me in my garden." He read again to himself.
He had read this letter out load countless times, and never understood it until now. At full tilt, the boy shoved his feet into his shoes, and rushed to her house. He couldn't keep still at her front door as he rang the door bell for the second time. Her father answered the door with a gloomy expression on his face. The murky look depend when her father saw the boy on his porch.
"Yes?"
"Can I see her?"
He paused for a moment then sighed and moved out of the way for the boy to come in.
"Thank you." The boy spoke before booking it to her room. He entered to find that the girl still hasn't moved from where she slept.
"I don't understand..."
"The door is the gate." The boy jumped at the familiar voice of a child, and quickly spun around.
"Uh, the door?"
The little boy nodded.
"Walk through the door again, but this time think only of reaching her."
Kneeling down to the child's level, the boy asked, "How do you know all of this? And you speak quite well for your age."
"It told me what to say."
"It?"
"The garden."
"Logan, linner-linner-chicken-dinner!" His mother called. The little boy started walking out of the room when he stopped in between the door frames.
"The door is the gate." The child repeated before exiting.
The boy stood in confusion and looked from the door to her and again. Gathering his bearings he walked just outside her room and stared at the entrance to the girl's room.
'Here goes nothing.' The boy closed his eyes and searched through his memories of her, trying to get to her as close as possible. Author's note: (I'll write more right here later. I'm just to lazy right now. lol But basically he enters the room at this part.)
The boy slightly lifted an eyelid from one hazel orb. The room looked the same. Nothing had happened. The boy sighed and peered towards her bed. She wasn't there... He frantically looked about the room. Where could she have gone? Observing the room more closely he discovered that there was a door that wasn't there before...
To be continued...

No comments: